Five Things… June 11th

by Emma on June 11, 2012

in Uncategorized

Getting back into the swing of things after  a few days in beautiful San Francisco for work. I gotz clothes in the washer. Finally got my car fixed this morning. Eating a leftover veggie burger with a fried egg (of course)—love cook out left overs. And here’s 5 things I’ve been thinking about this morning as I clean/catch up on emails/live the glamorous life:

1. I’m starting my summer class tonight. I always get nervous on the first day of anything, probably because I’m an anxious person. I think, “What if there’s no parking. Or I can’t find my class room. Or I buy the wrong text-book and then can’t follow along properly.” None of these worries are grounded on anything really, I’m just weird.

2. Currently enjoying: Liz’s blog, gonna have to try some of her projects soon. Too cute.

3. Planning to buy: cans and cans of chalkboard paint. Dreamed up (what I think) is the coolest idea over the weekend. Beyond chalkboard paint here’s three hints; it involves church, hollow balls, and neon. Dream big.

4. Wanting to cook: classic dinner rolls. I’ve been off my game in the bread baking department. Lame. Get it together lady and bake some dang bread already.

5. Goal for the week: There is a certain chest in my life that is in desperate need of a makeover. I’m hoping to remedy that situation sometime this week.

Hope you’re having a fantastic Monday! xo. Emma

eeny June 11, 2012 at 4:39 pm

1. I can totaly relate to being nervous on first days of something new (or even not so new). I am the same. I guess I am a bit of a worrier (is that even a word?)
2. Have to check Liz’s blog out after I am done writing this comment =)
3. Can’t wait to see what you’ll do with all these cans of chalkboard paint – I am a bit obsessed with chalkboard paint lately and would love to paint anything with it. I’d even paint my finger nails with it if I wouldn’t be too worried the might fall off because of anything weird in there (see I am a worrier. ha ha…)
4. These dinner rolls look divine and I think I have to give them a try as well.
5. Hope you’ll share the chest after the makeover.

Have a great start tonight. And a lovely Monday in general.

mary June 11, 2012 at 4:55 pm

I get nervous about class, too. It’s actually a double whammy for me. I’m a graduate student so I’m nervous going to class….but I’m also a college instructor so I get nervous teaching my first class and being greeted with 25 new students. yikes!

good luck on your summer class!

Sarah June 11, 2012 at 5:10 pm

I’m an anxious person too and its horrible! Good luck with class! And I can’t wait to see your chalk creation

♥Sarah♥
theantiquepearl.blogspot.com

teddi June 11, 2012 at 5:33 pm

emma, you’re gonna rock in class, how do i know this? because you may pretend to be a slacker jokester, but i think you are very determined, driven, & probably try your best, in nearly everything you do. just like you’ll get all those fantab crafty things, you’ve been dreaming up, done, including the dinner rolls, just try not to do it all in one day, k? you’re only human, & it’s ok to have a not exactly glamorous, but possibly necessary, day to perhaps play catch, or maybe even attempt to rest, HA! ;)

Gina_AcuteDesigns June 11, 2012 at 7:12 pm

I get nervous on the first day of anything too….I think it’s because I am socially awkward :) .

Liz Stanley June 11, 2012 at 8:32 pm

Thanks Emma! I’ve been loving your blogs as well. So nice to meet you lovely ladies! Come back soon :)

Freya June 12, 2012 at 1:51 am

I was the same with School. I would leave for class like 45 minutes early so I’d find the right class.

Em {pushups with polish} June 12, 2012 at 1:59 am

seriously in a food coma right now reading your blog lol

vivi k June 12, 2012 at 3:00 am

I can relate to worrying about class! Haha, I always feel like I’m forgetting something…
You look lovely in that photo!

katrina June 12, 2012 at 3:36 am

when i was in college, i was always the first one in class (for parking purposes and desk seating choices). i think it’s natural to feel anxious, especially on the first day and i hope your first day went really really well!

say yes to hoboken DIY projects rock. there are a few projects in my bookmarks that i want to try and the latest one is the diy sparkly cake toppers made of pipe cleaners. so clever.

Melissa Baswell Williams June 12, 2012 at 4:15 am

I am the queen of irrational worrying. Totally get it. But you’re gonna do great. Promise. :)

Cyntia June 13, 2012 at 2:59 am

Emma, I was just looking through your library options for book ideas and thought I’d recommend “the secret life of bees”. I don’t know if you have read it yet or not but since you are getting back in the swing of things and you are looking for a good read… go for it. Also..i found out it was a movie today. def read the book first though.

Sara June 13, 2012 at 9:47 am

Did you found the famous SAn Francisco sordough bread? Hear it’s the best in the whole world!!