Five Things….

by Emma on May 20, 2012

in Uncategorized

I missed you. And my kitchen. And secure internet. But Hawaii was wonderful and I’m so glad I got to visit a new-to-me (and beautiful) state! You can see some of our travel pictures here.

I’m having a lazy Sunday today, catching up on emails and cleaning. Here’s 5 things I’m currently thinking about:

1. To Read: Wicked. I love reading, I’m always making lists of what I’d like to read next. Even if I’m only half way through my current book… Also I just purchased Amy Atlas’s book and I’m excited to get it in the mail soon and browse all the pretty dessert tables!

2. Lusting over: I’ve made it a goal this year to buy something designer. I don’t think I ever have before. I remember the very first designer item I ever owned: a Dooney and Bourke bag my parents got me for my 18th birthday. I’m dreaming of getting a pretty Kate Spade wallet; currently crushing on this one and that one.

3. Wanting to cook: Tacos! I love tacos in the summer. I think these pretty mushroom and lentil tacos look divine and I’m excited to make lots of taco variations this season.

4. Currently browsing: Kelli Murray’s blog. Beautiful lady, beautiful family, beautiful pictures… what’s not to love.

5. Goal for the week: Fill my fire pit with gravel. It has come to my attention that this may be a good idea for when it rains… makes sense. We were planning a family cookout around the fire pit tonight, but we may get rained on. Oh well. I’m still making it a goal to fill the bottom with gravel sometime this week.

Alinor May 20, 2012 at 6:17 pm

I just saw Wicked the musical in London a couple of weeks ago and it was amazing, definitely made me want to read the book!!

robyn May 20, 2012 at 6:18 pm

welcome back! always GREAT to go on holiday and lovely to return home again (i think).

Wicked is now in my Amazon basket for a future purchase…and ohhh-those tacos look delish!

Monsterscircus May 20, 2012 at 6:44 pm

Hope you had a great trip to paradise and got a lot of inspiration and renewed energy! Have a lovely evening!

Jenn May 20, 2012 at 8:09 pm

Welcome back! I’m jealous and wishing that I had gotten to visit Hawaii too!

I read Wicked earlier this year, and sad to say.. I was quite disappointed with it. But who knows, you may like it!

Sarah May 20, 2012 at 8:57 pm

Wicked seems like it would be so good! Let us know how it is ;) Glad you had a great time in Hawaii ;)

<3 Sarah
theantiquepearl.blogspot.com

Rachel May 20, 2012 at 9:54 pm

What a good idea, throwing out your weekly goal.

Vintagehoneybee.blogspot.com

Stephanie May 20, 2012 at 10:06 pm

that’s such a lovely goal
your blog is soooo great.
XO

Michelle May 20, 2012 at 10:12 pm

Wicked is a great book, i hope they do a movie soon because the musical (as awesome as it is) just doesn’t do the plot justice. Glad to see you back!

Kristin May 20, 2012 at 10:16 pm

Hi Emma-
Your list looks really great and the recipe for mushroom and lentil tacos looks divine! They are definitely on my to-try list.
Just wanted to say thanks so much for sharing all your wonderful recipes and I enjoy reading your blog and trying out your recipes on a regular basis (made the strawberry preserved cupcakes last week… Ah-may-zing). It’s nice to see a fellow young avid baker who can throw down in the kitchen and is kind enough to share as you go through your culinary journey (and lets be honest, you crack me up in your blogs as well). My friends, family and coworkers thank you for the delicious treats as well!
Please keep it up!
Kristin <3

Leigh Ann May 20, 2012 at 10:35 pm

I have read Wicked 4 Times. I love it and the more times you read it, the more there is to the story! Great choice!

Bene May 20, 2012 at 10:53 pm

Wicked has been on my to read list for over a year now! I think it’s time to remove it from there and actually read it. But like you I am in the middle of one at the moment!
I envy your ability to make a fire pit! I hope you enjoy your little family gathering, sans rain. x]

Katherine May 20, 2012 at 11:56 pm

I have the black and white Kate Spade wallet! You can’t get them in Australia and so my boyfriend had to get a guy he knows only via online Playstation gaming to go out, buy it, and send it to us for my birthday. It arrived safely and I love it SO much, you should definitely get one!!

Linda Lanae Nguyen Bailey May 21, 2012 at 1:39 am

Those mushroom and lentil tacos look delishhh!

Freya May 21, 2012 at 3:14 am

I loved Wicked!! I have a few of his other books but haven’t read them yet…I’m tempted to go into the living room and grab them. There’s just something about a really good fiction story…

Samantha May 21, 2012 at 4:33 am

I just adore your blog! :)

Do you have a goodreads account? If not, you should get one! I bet you’d love it!!

kale May 21, 2012 at 4:35 am

The sprouted kitchen tacos are pretty amazing!

candace May 21, 2012 at 12:34 pm

Are you on Goodreads? If not, you should check it out – it’s an awesome way to keep track of all the books you want to read, and also to write little reviews of the ones you have already. Plus, you can see what your friends are reading :)

Those tacos look great – creminis would be good in there I think!

Jenny May 21, 2012 at 5:11 pm

Wicked is fantastic, but remember people, it is not based off the Musical, the Musical was based off of IT. It is very gritty at times, it is not light hearted fun for all ages, but it IS very well written. I personally have it in my collection. It is one of those that I don’t really lend out to people because they go into it with one perception and usually get turned off quickly. BTW Emma, read The Girl with glass feet. Thanks for putting it on your list, it was really good.

Kacie May 21, 2012 at 9:37 pm

I was given Wicked as a gift and loved it. I was truly surprised by how dark and erotic the story was. It’s really well done, you’ll love it.

Kacie

Christine May 21, 2012 at 11:50 pm

Glad you enjoyed your time in Hawaii, it looks like a beautiful place! Just wanted to share a quick link (although you may’ve already heard of it) http://www.goodreads.com. I’m a huge reader as well and I was always getting excited about books and then forgetting what they were!!! Super annoying! This site let’s you track what you’ve read, what you want to read and what you’re currently reading with pretty bookcover tables and charts. It even has little stats of the page count that you’ve read in a year and how many books you’ve read in a year (I like stats because I’m kind of a nerd, lol) Anyways, welcome back to the contiguous 48 states!

annie May 22, 2012 at 2:37 am

Emma! I wish you updated your blog more. love reading it! Co

The Guilty Hyena May 22, 2012 at 12:29 pm

Never read Wicked, but I’m tempted to now. :)

The Guilty HYENA †

Marion May 22, 2012 at 6:00 pm

Hi Emma !
First I wanted to tell u that I love your blog! It makes me feel like cooking, though I’m not very good at it… :)
I’m french, this is why I don’t understand everything you say, for example what does “food coma” means?
First I mistook coma with comma! I thought you wanted to mean that your blog was about food, but comma, more things! I’m so silly! I don’t know if you get it… Well, never mind!
xx
Marion

Emma May 23, 2012 at 1:07 pm

Hey Marion, Thanks for reading. Food coma is sort of a joke name given to that extreme feeling of tiredness you sometimes get after a big meal. :)

Brittany May 23, 2012 at 12:58 am

I’ve read Wicked. Let me tell you I was so let down by the book. I had read and fallen in love with the musical. If you’ve seen the musical and love it then I would recommend not reading the book. It’s very VERY different from the musical. Stephen Schwartz took a lot of artistic liberties when he transferred it from Maguire’s book to Broadway stage. Sorry to be the barer of bad news :(

Kelli Murray May 23, 2012 at 9:33 pm

Thank you Emma! Must try those tacos! Num!

Amanda May 24, 2012 at 1:31 am

Can I preface by saying, I just stumbled upon your blog and I’m in love. I’m a culinary student at an all Vegetarian school and I’m constantly on the lookout for new food blogs. Just wanted to let you know that the lentil tacos are totally worth it. I’ve also made the Thai Noodle Bowl on her blog and it’s equally amazing!