Under dressed for an occasion

by Emma on November 10, 2011

in Outfits,Uncategorized

I’ll be honest, I’ve been wearing this outfit/a combination of things in this outfit quite a bit lately. I love my skinnies. I love comfy sweaters and cardigans. I like being comfortable and warm and not at all overdressed.

It’s nice.

Like a really good grilled cheese sandwich after a long cold day.

All my analogies are food related. It’s a disease.

I’ve been feeling really inspired this week. Making plans to (finally) decorate two of the rooms in my house (I’m a slow mover on decor issues). Been studying a lot, excited to be done with that soon. :) And I have lots of tasty recipes coming your way on both my blog and where I contribute.

I’m wearing: cardigan c/o Francesca’s Collections, t-shirt American Apparel, crystal necklace from Sadie Designs, skinnies from Jessica Simpson collection, shoes are vintage Minnetonkas.

Katia November 11, 2011 at 12:44 am

You rock that simple comfy look ;) The colder the weather gets the comfier I tend to dress, so this is just so appealing to me!

By the way I fully just spied that little happy face at the bottom of your page. SUCH A CUTE SURPRISE! Hahaha :D

xo

Kacie @ A Collection of Passions November 11, 2011 at 12:49 am

You are a girl after my own heart. I just posted a jeans and sweaters post yesterday! (http://acollectionofpassions.com/blog/style-file-jeans-and-sweaters)
Love your wrap.

Kacie

irene wibowo November 11, 2011 at 1:47 am

nice post.. :) irene wibowo

grace November 11, 2011 at 5:24 am

love the outfit and the grilled cheese reference haha – it’s a disease for me too – and this is why I love fall and winter – all the cozy outfits!
-grace

jodi November 11, 2011 at 6:43 am

I’m with you…the comfy cardigans and cute skinny jeans are my favorite. And you look gorgeous. :)

Amanda November 11, 2011 at 3:16 pm

that is my kind of outfit for the fall & winter! and i love that your analogies are food related. :)

Chelle November 11, 2011 at 3:30 pm

Underdressed is the way to be! I feel best about myself when I feel cozy AND pretty…which is why skinny jeans, cute flats, and fabulous sweaters are the best combination in the world. :)

Jacqueline November 11, 2011 at 3:37 pm

Those shoes are awesome..nothing wrong with wanting to be warm and comfy, you still look super cute!
xo Jac
thesunshinedistrict.blogspot.com

Georgia November 11, 2011 at 3:42 pm

the shoes and sweater are really cute!
-Georgia

terry November 11, 2011 at 5:08 pm

You are so purely lovely here! Love the background. I love the shoes – I had a pair many years ago like that. So comfy! Rock on! Can’t wait for the recipes, cold weather makes me think I’m hungry all the time. Hugs!

Jenni November 11, 2011 at 5:44 pm

Those shoes are wonderful! Oh to have a pair such as those…

Alexandra the Tsaritsa November 11, 2011 at 5:50 pm

Minnetonka seriously makes the most comfortable shoes. I would live in them if it were up to me!

And a grilled cheese and tomato soup on a cold rainy day is the perfect food :)

Sarah November 11, 2011 at 10:10 pm

I love a cozy, relaxed look. I recently got a loose Free People sweater that I want to live in. Those vintage shoes are to die for, by the way! Now I’m off to make grilled cheese sandwiches for my husband and I! We eat ours with spiced tomato jam. :)

Hannah November 11, 2011 at 11:46 pm

I think you look cute. I tend to go for skinnies/cardi combos a lot in winter. I think your boots add an edge that makes it a little dressier :)

Darlene November 12, 2011 at 12:00 am

You need to live with a house and get to know her before you can see how to dress her. Like how easy it is for you to see a outfit and say, “Wow, that is Elsie,” and how hard that would be for someone you just met.

THE-LOUDMOUTH November 12, 2011 at 5:38 am

You look adorably comfy and I love your hair color!

Meanz November 13, 2011 at 5:58 pm

You look comfy but still really adorable and chic! I love those vintage moccasins!

Kelsi November 14, 2011 at 3:46 am

I pretty much wear this same outfit every day. :)

Toni November 14, 2011 at 5:26 am

You look lovely, just like a grilled cheese sandwich (thats a compliment too, I love grilled cheese :) I just purchased my first piece of Sadie Designs, just a wee bit excited!
Toni xo

shannon November 15, 2011 at 3:45 am

You look so comfy and cute. Such a great little outfit.

paula November 15, 2011 at 5:30 am

hi emma! i love reading your blog, it inspires me a lot! thanx for the lovely images and words as well as for the lovely yummy treaties!! It makes my life sweeter!!! Have a lovely tuesday!!!
xo

Debra November 17, 2011 at 8:49 pm

Hello Emma!!! I’ve been hearing a lot about Food Coma lately & decided to check it out. Wow!! A foodie with a sense of fashion. Two of my favorite things in the WHOLE wide world. I’m hooked!! Lol!! I will be adding your blog to my current faves. Please come by & see me sometime.