Peach and Cinnamon Breakfast Rolls

by Emma on October 17, 2011

in Bread,Breakfast

Sure you could make classic cinnamon rolls. Sure.

And if you did you can bet that I’d want a bite. I ADORE cinnamon rolls (especially the kind you get at the airport, shhhhh…).

Yesterday morning I set out to make cinnamon rolls, when lo and behold, I spot a left over can of peach pie filling in my cupboard. Never mind why it’s there, these things happen. But I thought, peaches tucked into a subtle cinnamon roll sound awfully nice….

And they were. Peaches. Cinnamon. Sweet bread. Glaze. A glass of milk.

Divine.

Peach and Cinnamon Breakfast Rolls, makes 8-9 large rolls

Needed: 2 1/4 teaspoons yeast (active dry), 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 cup warm milk, 4 tablespoons melted butter, 3 egg yolks, 2 tablespoons honey, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 3 1/2 cups flour, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 can peach pie filling, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.

For the glaze: 1/4 cup cream, 2 tablespoons melted butter, 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, 1-2 cups powdered sugar (depending on the consistency you prefer).

On the stove top or in the microwave heat together the milk and butter until the butter is just melted. Add the sugar and yeast and let that just sit and… active, for 2-3 minutes (this also lets it cool down a bit before adding egg). Now stir in the egg yolks, honey and extract. Pour this into a large bowl with the flour and salt. Stir until well combined, then use your (clean) hands to knead the dough a few times until it’s a cohesive ball. Place this in a lightly oil bowl and allow to rise in a warm spot for 1 hour.

Roll out the dough into a long rectangular shape. Add the peach pie filling and cinnamon (if you prefer traditional cinnamon rolls you can add a mixture of butter, nuts, sugar and cinnamon here). Roll up into a long log and slice into rolls. Place the rolls in a well-greased pan and bake at 350 F for 40-45 minutes.

Make the glaze by melting the butter, stir in the cream and maple syrup. Now add powdered sugar in 1/2 cup increments (whisking in between) until you get the consistency you like. Some like a thick glaze, some like it thin. Pour over the breakfast rolls once they are out of the oven.

Enjoy! xo. Emma

Rae Veda October 17, 2011 at 2:55 pm

I was just thinking about how much I want to make cinnamon rolls. How ironic! These look so good. xo, rv

Jules October 17, 2011 at 3:07 pm

These look delicious! I’m a sucker for things with gooey icing on top.

xoxohannah October 17, 2011 at 3:26 pm

These look absolutely amazing. I cannot wait to try to make them!

Nancy October 17, 2011 at 4:14 pm

I already was hungry, but now I really need to eat something because that looks delicious! Hmmmm..!

Love,
Nancy

Annie @ Naturally Sweet Recipes October 17, 2011 at 4:22 pm

Wow. Those do look divine!!! I bet the peaches in there are to die for! Thanks for the brilliant idea. :)

robin October 17, 2011 at 4:49 pm

oh my goodness…these look so good!….I can smell them…well at least I’m imagining what they smell like ..yum emma, can’t wait for a weekend off to make these for a lazy sunday morning

Gina_AcuteDesigns October 17, 2011 at 4:56 pm

YUM. I too adore cinnamon rolls. Even the ones at the airport :) . My grandma used to make the best homemade cinnamon rolls ever…..

Michelle @ Chellbellz October 17, 2011 at 6:26 pm

Oh girl….you are making m journey to being skinny hard with stuff like this!! Ugh I’ve been craving Cinnamon Rolls for awhile and the crap out of the can doesn’t do it for me.

lizzy October 17, 2011 at 6:56 pm

Umm, making those.

PS: That sprinkles plate is crazy cute.

xoxo Lizzy

Katha Strophe October 17, 2011 at 7:49 pm

Woah, these look so delicious!
My boyfriend doesn’t like cinnamon [yeah.. I don't get it either], but I think I’ll have to ignore this and make these anyway.

I really love reading your blog :]

Nikki October 17, 2011 at 8:25 pm

These look so good. Sticky buns are my favorite too.

Audrey October 17, 2011 at 8:53 pm

wow, these look insanely good! http://www.casualglamorous.com

Michelle Sexton October 17, 2011 at 9:36 pm

I am definitely going to try these! we love cinnamon rolls in our house!!!

annie October 18, 2011 at 12:19 am

sweeeeet moses! they sound good!

xo,
annie

dena miller October 18, 2011 at 12:54 am

Emma,
These looks so super amazing…I have been craving sweets and cinnamon as of late. I will have to make these…Yum!!!! Please stop on over and check out my blog when you can, I just posted a video I think you may enjoy. Would love your comments.
~~Dena
P.S. saw the pic of you in the skyline fever tee…You have really been lovin the color Blue♥
Looks great on you!

THE-LOUDMOUTH October 18, 2011 at 6:53 am

I’m jealous of your creativity and talent in the kitchen! Please be my personal chef?

Frankie October 18, 2011 at 12:09 pm

I love cinnamon rolls! They are my favorite. I always ask for a coffee roll at Dunkin Donuts. They’re no where near as good as cinnamon rolls but they’ll fill my craving. I may have to try my hand at making my own cinnamon rolls, and with peaches- yum!

Lauren Helen October 19, 2011 at 4:50 am

These look fantastic – I’m practically drooling on my keyboard. You made this in the morning?! You must have a shitload of time in the morning to pull that off! I’ll have to live without these for a few more days until I have a free morning…

x
culinarilychallenged.blogspot.com

mizarwen October 21, 2011 at 4:43 am

The recipe look damn easy. Gotta get the yeast from the store. Hehe. Peach pie filling? How but peach in the can? Would that be okay?

Emma October 21, 2011 at 4:51 pm

You could try canned peaches, but I would probably add 1/2 cup brown sugar and maybe some melted butter to the filling. As canned pie filling already has sugar added so I didn’t feel the need to add more when I used that. But you do as you please. :)

Christen October 22, 2011 at 6:15 am

Just wanted to tell you I made these tonight, but I had a jar of homemade apple butter and used that in place of the peach pie filling. It was delicious!!! Thank you for sharing your recipe. :)

Christen