Getting a little bit country…

by Emma on October 13, 2011

in Books

It’s no secret that I am a HUGE fan of The Pioneer Woman. She’s funny, cooks delicious looking food, and post like a million times a week. (Okay, maybe not a million. But a lot.) Her website is HIGHLY addictive. I originally got hooked reading her website through her blog series on how she met her husband. I stayed up late and neglected the rest of my life for a few days while I was reading that one. Like Twilight.

Wait, did I just admit that?

… Nevermind.

So anyway, when I heard she was publishing that story plus more from her first year of marriage in a book I assumed a would check it out sooner or later. And that ‘sooner or later’ was last week. It was very much like reading her website but with a hint of professional editing behind it. I adore her sense of humor and ability to laugh at herself and the sometimes difficult and wonderful things that happen in life. I think it’s really quite inspiring. And although my favorite part of the book was the beginning, watching her fall in love with her cowboy, I enjoyed this entire book cover to cover.

Amanda October 13, 2011 at 8:56 pm

so i must read this book! i have spent too much time on that website too. it’s one of those…..just shut the computer now and walk away.

Nadine October 13, 2011 at 9:10 pm

Oh, I didn’t know Ree was about to publish a book. How exciting! It’s a shame I do have so much university stuff to read. But I might squeeze it in anyways… :) Thanks for sharing.

Btw, the article about you and your sister might be up tomorrow on http://medienblick-bonn.de – gonna send you an email with the proper link.

Lots of love, Nadine

Stefanie-Anne October 13, 2011 at 9:23 pm

Hi Emma,

Do you have a kindle? Just curious… b/c I’m looking for a lending buddy.

Would you be interested in reading Sarah’s Key? I can trade you for that book for the pioneer book if you’re interested :)

Stef

Siobhan Hoye October 13, 2011 at 10:32 pm

I LOVE ree!! she is so hysterical and charming!! I, too stayed up way too late reading her story of how she met her husband from beginning to end. she is a wonderful lady :)

Rae Veda October 14, 2011 at 1:49 am

I love her blog! I think I’m going to have to read her book now. It looks so good. xo, rv

Sara October 14, 2011 at 2:06 am

Will definitely have to check this one out. I’m all for a good country love story. :)

-Sara-

Meagan October 14, 2011 at 2:13 am

I read this a year go or so on her website and I loved it so so much! I also stayed up very late because I couldn’t stop reading it.

Eleanor October 14, 2011 at 8:05 am

I did the exact same thing and read that segment of her blog pretty much in one go! Only with snack breaks. ;) I didn’t know about this book, might have to check it out!

Nancy October 14, 2011 at 12:16 pm

Thank you for your tip! I just checked out her website and maybe will read her book once as well! First I need to keep to my resolutions I have made this summer and that is finishing the book Chocolat. I have read it before but got it for my birthday and I really need to make time for reading. Why I don’t understand because when I start reading, I can never stop!

Love,
Nancy

Scout October 15, 2011 at 2:41 am

I’m dying to read that book! Can I trade with Stefanie-Anne when she’s done? ;)

Morgan October 15, 2011 at 3:16 am

I just want to thank you SO much for this post, because I officially love Ree’s blog, and her, and without you I know I never would have found out about either!! :D

Stephanie October 16, 2011 at 1:16 am

LOVE the pioneer woman.

Stephanie October 16, 2011 at 1:17 am

and your blog!:)

*camp1899* October 16, 2011 at 9:27 pm

emma.. thanks for sharing, i had not heard of this blog and look forward to catching up on it… plus love your homemade pbcup recipe!!
tiffany

Frankie October 18, 2011 at 12:17 pm

This sounds good! I’ll have to give it a try. I love the Pioneer Woman!

Ryan-Catherine October 19, 2011 at 6:42 pm

I think we all have a need to get a bit country every once in a while… this book has been sitting on my shelf for a while, not because i don’t want to read it, but because i have been busy with other books. but i never knew she had a blog! i just checked it out and wow, it’s pretty amazing. i still prefer your recipes for the vegetarian edge but it’s cool to check out new things from time to time…
cheers,