Paltrow’s Balsamic & Lime Vinaigrette

by Emma on July 6, 2011

in Dinner

One of my goals for the year has been to buy more cook books. I’m not a real collector of anything, but there’s just something so fun about owning a few good cook books (with great pictures, please!) and flipping through them when planning a menu. I find a lot of food inspiration online and from friends, family, restaurants, etc. But I love looking through pretty cook books.

Gwyneth Paltrow is one of my celebrity heroes (along with Kelly Rippa and Kristen Wiig…) so when I heard she was coming out with a cook book I scoped it out on Amazon, and bought it. It’s really pretty and I think she does a great job of balancing the healthy with the tasty.

Anyway, I decided to make a tea-house inspired salad one day so I thought I’d give one of her salad dressings a try. Balsamic and lime sounded interesting and flavorful, so I… uh… made it.

Did you know salad dressings are about the easiest thing to make in the world? So easy. And I love the deep and tangy flavor of this dressing. It was a total home run.

Sports analogy, because sports are obviously my thing… yeah.

All you need for this dressing is: 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, 2 tablespoons honey, juice of 1 lime, 1/4 cup olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.

Whisk it all up. Drizzle it on. Devour.

I served this on a simple salad made of chopped romaine lettuce, toasted walnuts and sliced strawberries.

I also made some mini fancy grilled cheese sandwiches to go along with this meal. More on those later this week.

Suspense, we all need a little in life. So… uh… you’re welcome.

Manuela July 6, 2011 at 2:32 pm

I also bought the cook book of Gwyneth Paltrow and I love it. So beautiful pictures and tasty recipes. I will give this dressign also a try :-)

Emma July 6, 2011 at 2:37 pm

That dressing sounds super yummy. I’ll have to try it.

xo,
Em

Kelly July 6, 2011 at 2:45 pm

I am a Gwyenth Paltrow fan as well & was wondering how her cookbook was. I hate to buy cookbook without seeing them myself, or getting someone else’s opinion. Thanks for sharing!

That dressing sounds super yummy & perfect for summer salads! I might have to mix up some & start bringing salad lunches to work.

toridawn July 6, 2011 at 3:05 pm

Strawberries on a salad, yes please! This dressing sounds perfect for that salad. Can’t wait to try it at home. Thanks!

xo
toridawn

jacci July 6, 2011 at 3:57 pm

i love strawberries in salad!

Kacie July 6, 2011 at 6:31 pm

I am loving her cookbook! I’ve already blogged about her tuna burgers (so freakin’ good) and her slow roasted tomato soup. So far everything I’ve made from it has been great!

Kacie

allie July 7, 2011 at 12:04 am

I got that cookbook from the library and absolutely loved it. You have to try the miso dressing. It is AMAZING! So good, in fact, I’ve been keeping a batch in my fridge at all times. And pouring it on everything. :)

Eleanor July 7, 2011 at 1:01 am

I’m the same – one of my favourite things to do is to look through my stack of cookbooks and pick something out! And I love Gwenyth Paltrow – can’t wait to pick up her book here.
This sounds delicious, what a fun salad!

Kimbercrafts July 7, 2011 at 12:19 pm

Gwyneth really does it all, doesn’t she? I’m definitely going to check this one out!

Jessi July 12, 2011 at 6:06 pm

I got this cookbook for my birthday and am so excited to test it out!