Double Berry Grilled Cheese

by Emma on July 7, 2011

in Dinner

These are mini-sized, fancy grilled cheese sandwiches. They are not only really cute but really delicious. They are (maybe) a tiny bit girly, but even my dad enjoyed them. And he’s a guy… so there.

I was in the mood to make grilled cheese sandwiches but I wanted something a little lighter, and more summer… ish. Plus I wanted this entire meal to feel sort of tea house inspired. So I decided to add sliced strawberries and raspberry jam to my tiny grilled cheeses.

I used Brie cheese, and (probably a little too much) butter to cook these with. My only note is to remember not to turn your stove top heat up too high, otherwise your bread will be too toasty before the cheese has really had time to melt all the way.

Such a rookie mistake. I know.

I guess I was just getting  a little overly excited to eat…. I do that sometimes. :)

Aline July 7, 2011 at 2:41 pm

oh, this looks so yummy!

Rachel July 7, 2011 at 2:42 pm

Those look delicious! I’m going to have to hit my sister in law up for some bakery bread and make these sweet babies.

Donna July 7, 2011 at 3:28 pm

Those look yummy! I’ll have to try those for the boys.

Kacie July 7, 2011 at 4:26 pm

Yum! What a great idea. I’ve seen pizza with strawberries on it, which I plan to make asap. But these look so simple and easy but still a treat!

Kacie

Lexi July 7, 2011 at 4:51 pm

That looks delicious. I love grilled cheese in the summer. Brie seems to go with any fruit on the planet. The colours are gorgeous too, that makes half the eating experience, I think. Love it!

RetroLove July 7, 2011 at 5:13 pm

These look amazing! As a French girl, I need my cheese fix, I will try these asap :)

Miranda July 7, 2011 at 5:14 pm

I love brie with fruit! I love it with cranberries or raspberries. Can’t wait to have it again once this baby appears

Kristi July 7, 2011 at 5:20 pm

this sounds amazing! i can’t wait to try it!

Katie July 7, 2011 at 6:50 pm

So charming, Emma! I am planning a sweet night of record listening this Friday, and this might be the perfect little treat. Oh. And speaking of cookbooks. Have you invested in the Baked cookbook of sweets? It’s to die for.

xo.

Caitlin July 7, 2011 at 8:36 pm

Those are so adorable. I love mini food (means you can eat more of them – right?)

Andie July 7, 2011 at 8:44 pm

What?!

Amazing.

Melissa July 8, 2011 at 3:12 am

Oh man, this recipe sounds awesome!!! Wish I had some brie on hand…and strawberries……and jam. :-\

Camille July 8, 2011 at 3:19 am

oh my goodness! those look fantastic. i love brie, grilled cheese, and berries – so if there is such thing as a triple win, this sandwich is a triple win! love this post. must try this recipe very, very soon!

-Camille

Kenzie July 8, 2011 at 5:17 am

Ughhh fruit and brie grilled cheese? I want to go make some right now… mouth. watering.

Kelly July 8, 2011 at 1:48 pm

Grilled cheese sandwiches have always been one of my favorite & these look super yummy. I’m definitely going to have to try something like this during the summer, to lighten it up a bit.

Vics July 8, 2011 at 2:16 pm

These look delicious – a properly refined grilled cheese sandwich! Definitely on the list for a lunch next week…

Alex Jae July 8, 2011 at 2:35 pm

inspired last night by this I post,I raided my fridge looking for ingredients, we didn’t have any cheese except swiss and velveta, I choose the swiss and used blackberry jam and strawberries, it was so amazing!! Best grilled cheese ever. I called it my american grilled cheese because the inside was red white and blue!!

KatieEE July 8, 2011 at 3:14 pm

Where do you do your grocery shopping? We live just south of Joplin and have the hardest time finding acceptable produce and yummy cheeses and breads. We have been to the new Price Cutter in Springfield and over to the Bistro Market downtown, are there any other good spots in town?

Emma July 8, 2011 at 6:12 pm

Those are both great spots. Honestly, I buy most of my groceries from Wal-mart or Dillions. Also my dad has a really wonderful garden, but there are lots of farmer’s markets in Springfield too. :)

Erin Kobler July 8, 2011 at 3:51 pm

Can’t wait to try this one! my sister and i are going to make them fo sho. (also im loving the new layout of the blog!)
–Erin

p.s. my Aunt and Uncle are in the middle of building something amazing, a no kill cat rescue center in southern illinois. They’re up for a 50 thousand dollar grant with the pepsi refresh everything project and im hoping that you, friends or family, WHOEVER! can help vote for them! you can text to vote from your phone, or from your email/facebook account its so super easy and only takes a second or two. Any votes would be greatly appreciated :] so many adorbs kitties get saved every week and this grant would help them so much. http://www.refresheverything.com/cattails please consider voting! (voting is open throughout the entire month of july!) thank you so much :]

Katie July 9, 2011 at 2:57 pm

Oh my gosh, these look delicious! And so simple, but kinda fancy! Yum.