Biscoff No Bake Cookies

by Emma on June 20, 2011

in Dessert

I am no stranger to no bake cookies. They are my favorite cookies. (That’s right, I have favorites!) I love chocolate and chewy oats paired together.

And they can easily be made on the stove top with a few simple ingredients. But every now and again I like to add a little twist to an old stand-by recipe. Just for fun. Just for the adventure.

I have been DEEPLY enjoying Biscoff Spread lately. (Pictured above, among that sea of cookies.) It looks and spreads like peanut butter but it tastes a little more like cinnamon short bread. And heaven.

Seriously, it’s amazing. If you see a jar of this anywhere buy it. You won’t be sorry.

I decided to substitute the peanut butter for biscoff spread in our family no bake cookie recipe. The result: a richer, more flavorful cookie. They are almost a holiday version of the usual no bake cookie. If that makes sense, like, at all.

Biscoff No Bake Cookies, makes 12-15 cookies.

Ingredients: 1 stick of butter, 2 cups sugar, 1/2 cup milk, 3 tablespoons cocoa powder, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/2 cup biscoff spread and 2 1/2 cups oats.

In a medium/large pot melt butter over medium/low heat. Stir in milk, sugar and cocoa until well combined then turn up the heat to medium/high. Once the mixture starts to bubble and boil set a kitchen timer for 5 minutes. Once the timer goes off remove the mixture from the heat and stir in biscoff spread and then the oats. Plop the cookies on to wax paper by the spoonful. They should harden up within 2-3 minutes. Enjoy with milk or store in an air-tight container for the next day. If you are the patient/rational eating kind. :)

Lily June 20, 2011 at 2:52 am

That sounds great!!

Where do you get the Biscoff Spread.

chelsea June 20, 2011 at 3:03 am

Agreed! They look and sound scrumptious… but where can we find the elusive key ingredient? I’ve never seen biscoff spread before.

Emma June 20, 2011 at 3:57 am

I had seen it online only, and it was rather expensive. So I had planned to give it a try but kept putting it off (I’m notoriously cheep) and then one day I ran across it at Wal-mart. Near the peanut butters and nutella. I instantly bought it and we’ve had a steady stream of it at my house since. :)

Kelsi June 20, 2011 at 3:32 am

Yup, I just got up off my couch at 10:15 to make these. I used 1/4 cup peanut butter and 1/4 cup chocolate peanut butter (and only 1 tbsp cocoa powder so they wouldn’t be too chocolatey). They’re so good! But I think next time I’ll only use 1 1/2 cup oats, because when I stirred the oats in, they instantly got hard and weren’t very spoonable. Still so good though!

jkru June 20, 2011 at 4:12 am

What a wonderful way to use up biscoff spread! I bought some on a whim, but my favorite application thus far had been off a spoon. These are really yummy cookies, but they’re so decadent! I can only have like one at a time, but so worth it. :) Thanks for the recipe!

erin June 20, 2011 at 5:09 am

oh my goodness! i LOVE no bake cookies & these sound amazing. yum!

Christy June 20, 2011 at 6:02 am

How weird,
I have an utter obsession with these biscuits, I’ve never heard of Biscoff though. I made a batch on Saturday night and polished it off on Sunday! Ooops.
My recipe is:
1/2c butter (125g is the estimate I use), 2c sugar, 1/2c milk all boiled together
Pour into 3c rolled oats, 1/2c coconut and 1tbsp cocoa.

They are the most delicious, moreish treats ever. I did the hide in the cupboard so my husband didn’t know I was eating the fresh mix, only ended up assembling about half of the mixture. Ate FAR too much sugar this past weekend.

Sarah June 20, 2011 at 6:25 am

I’m from Belgium and Biscoff Spread is very popular here. I think it’s even a belgian invention. I didn’t knew they sell that in the states too. Glad you enjoy it.

T. June 20, 2011 at 9:04 am

I am so trying this at home. :) thnx Emma

dianne June 20, 2011 at 9:06 am

Wow, I can’t believe you can find that stuff in the States! Lotus makes their speculoos spread (creamy and crunchy) here in France. I don’t know much about the company, if it’s originally French or Dutch. But they’re most famous for their gingerbread cookies served up with after lunch coffee. Very creative idea to use it in no bake cookies! I’ve seen speculoos ice cream in gelato places as well… hmmm, that brings me back to your yogurt nutella popsicle post… mmm, with sceculoos… drool…!

Juliette June 20, 2011 at 9:56 am

They look delicious. I think Biscoff is called “Speculoos” here in Europe. They are based on the Speculaas cookies. This spread is soo yummy! I always ask my mum to bring a jar or two when she goes to Holland.

Margje June 20, 2011 at 4:02 pm

Biscoff is originally a Dutch product and made of ‘speculaas’. That are cookies that taste similair to cinnamon, but with a twist. My sister eats Speculoos (as Biscoff is called in Dutch) a lot. There are now even some sort of flakies with Speculoos-taste that you can put on your sandwich.

Anyway, great recipe! I should make those cookies in the near future (and share them with my sister).

Miss Grace June 20, 2011 at 5:59 pm

I remember getting my mother’s recipe for her ‘Cat Shit Cookies,’ when I first moved out of her house along with a hundred others. Of all of those recipes, this is the only one I kept up with. I absolutely love No-Bake Cookies! Thanks so much for the spin off recipe!

Emma June 20, 2011 at 6:21 pm

ha! I’ve never heard it called that before.

Sarah June 20, 2011 at 8:45 pm

I just made no-bake oat cookies last week. In fact, I think I’ll go grab one right now! :)

Meli (Blush + Jelly) June 22, 2011 at 7:48 pm

Cinnamon short bread? That sounds like a delicious spread. Definitely need to pick some of that up and try these cookies! :)

Sarah June 25, 2011 at 7:33 am

I grew on the peanut butter version of these cookies! My sister and I will make them and eat half of it before they even set! The Biscoff version sounds yum too!

andrea June 30, 2011 at 7:52 am

ha! yummo! i have never even heard of no-bake cookies – we must be a bit behind in australia ;D seriously going to make some right now!! thx heaps for sharing recipe!! (i wish we had -any version of- the biscoff spread tho – speculaas are delicious)