Greek Yogurt + Honey Pancakes

by Emma on May 30, 2011

in Breakfast

I just adore breakfast. I don’t get to experiment enough with breakfast recipes as I’m often trying to get a’ goin’ to work in the AM.

I like to try new variations of pancakes, waffles, omelets, etc. whenever I get the chance. And lately one of my favorite snacks is greek yogurt + honey.

That’s putting it mildly really. I am actually COMPLETELY OBSESSED with: string cheese, fresh blueberry muffins, Snapea Crisps, and greek yogurt (with honey). It’s true. I get obsessed with certain snacks or meals, eat it waaaaay too often and then I’m over it for a while.

Food burn out. Live life with passion, that’s what I say.

These pancakes are wonderful. They are a departure from the usual fluffy, soak-up-syrup kind of pancake. These have a creamy, silky texture. Which is delicious but they can be little more difficult to flip then regular pancakes. You have been warned.

Greek Yogurt + Honey Pancakes, makes 4-6 medium/large pancakes

8 tablespoons flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 cup greek yogurt, 1-2 tablespoons honey, 2 eggs and butter or oil for cooking.

Stir together the flour, baking soda and salt. In another bowl stir together the yogurt, honey and eggs. Combine the wet and dry ingredients until just combined. Get ready for pancake time. (Yes, that’s a real step. Take this serious, yo.)

In a medium/large shallow pan heat butter or oil over low/medium heat until it’s hot and melted (oil won’t really melt, so just wait until it hot). Pour a small amount of batter on the hot pan and see how quickly it cooks, this is a ‘test-pancake.’ I find I need this step as I tend to get overly anxious about pancakes and don’t wait long enough for the pan to heat up. You may not need this step. Know thy self. When the heats just right pour about 1/4 cup batter in the pan, wait until a few bubbles form and pancake is set and use a metal spatula to gently and carefully flip the pancake. Continue to cook until done (2-3 minutes or less). Repeat until you have cooked all the batter.

Serve with a bit more honey, butter or maple syrup. In my scientific findings I found that coffee and milk enhanced the enjoyment of these pancakes as well. Do your own research.

chelseabird May 30, 2011 at 9:55 pm

These sound, and look amazing! I am truly a breakfast person as well, and I just love having an amazing breakfast before a long day (or before any day for that). Lately I’ve been obsessing over oatmeal with peaches in it! YUM!

Megan September 12, 2011 at 1:41 am

Made these this weekend for me and my hubby! <3 them. A nice Sunday morning treat. Thank you!

Grace May 30, 2011 at 10:51 pm

oh my those look yummy!

P.S. I had Greek yogurt with honey & blueberries for lunch today!

Lauren May 30, 2011 at 11:38 pm

These sound and look amazing! I also go through phases where I over due certain foods/ drinks – greek yogurt is one of them! I am all about this one that I get at Traders Joe’s (a vanilla-bean one), sooo good.

I’m having my 1st giveaway, come stop by ♥
Laurenlovestoshare

Mikaela May 31, 2011 at 3:57 am

Mmm…looks tasty!
& that napkin & plate are really cute together.

Mandy Crandell May 31, 2011 at 10:54 am

Yum! I am the master of the food burn out. I’m glad to know someone else does it too. :)

Ida May 31, 2011 at 3:28 pm

Awesome blog, I’m trying your pancake recipe next breakfast!

fyfe May 31, 2011 at 3:56 pm

these look incredible! it’s always so hard for me to get motivated to make breakfast… i think it’s hard for me to make a mess in the kitchen that early in the day. (and i’m also a serial food eater, i go on sprees where i’ll incorporate the current ‘addiction’ into everything… my poor boyfriend during the eggplant phase…)

anna linnea May 31, 2011 at 5:32 pm

i tried these today and they were so yummy. i had them for lunch instead of breakfast, but still sooo good! i’m obsessed with pancakes =)

April May 31, 2011 at 7:48 pm

These look amazing. I must try them soon.
Now that the weather is warmer, I’m moving on from my oatmeal and hot tea for breakfast stage to my parfait and hot tea for breakfast phase. I love Greek yogurt with fresh fruit, honey and granola.

It’s also time for my yearly summer salad phase. My favorite is fresh greens with gorgonzola, dried cherries or cranberries, walnuts and balsamic vinaigrette.

Rachel June 1, 2011 at 2:32 pm

Is there any brand of greek yogurt you would recommend or are all pretty much created equal? These look yummy, I must try.

Cassie June 6, 2011 at 6:35 am

i just found you, and I love your site! i plan to try these pancakes–they look delicious!

Cassie

Jessica June 7, 2011 at 4:42 pm

I just found your blog, and I just made these for breakfast… THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE. I’m in pancake heaven– GREAT recipe!

toni June 16, 2011 at 5:58 am

def going to make these! they sound like heaven. thank you!

Katherine of Kitten's Lost Her Mittens June 26, 2011 at 5:21 am

These look really good! I’ll have to try the recipe. Also, love the Fiestaware! That’s what my dishes are, too, in all the different colors. So pretty!

Anne Marie Leahey September 25, 2011 at 6:35 pm

Just made these for Sunday brunch, absolutely delicious—but I made a few fall-type changes as I had extra pumpkin calling my name from the fridge….

-used 3/4 cup Chobani vanilla greek yogurt with 1/4 cup pumpkin puree instead of the full cup of greek yogurt
-added a pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg

Hence, Greek Yogurt, Pumpkin, Honey pancakes ^__^