Pecan Pie Muffins

by Emma on January 12, 2011

in Dessert

Pecanpiemuffins
These muffins are not very pretty. They look a little like solid round brown bread hockey pucks.

No, that is not a thing. My powers of description are… not good.

See what I did there? Man, I think I'm funny.

Pecan pie muffins, not so pretty, BUT oh man are these delicious! And they really do taste like pecan pie. It's like a book with a lame looking cover that turns out to be the best read of your life. Or the boy who sat next to you in freshman science who look like just an average boy but turned out to be the one of the funniest and kindest people you ever met.

I'm working on my description skills… don't mind me.

Uglymuffins
Pecan Pie Muffins, makes one dozen regular size (with a little left over batter to eat, unless you are pregnant or immune system compromised… or a child. then don't eat the raw egg batter.)

Ingredients: 1 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, 3/4 cup flour, 1 1/3 cup chopped pecans, 1 cup softened butter, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and 3 eggs.

Pecanpiemuffins2
Mix together the sugar, flour and pecans. In a separate bowl combine the softened butter, eggs and vanilla. Stir together the two ingredients. In a greased muffin pan fill cups 2/3 full. Bake at 350 F for 20-23 minutes.

Adapted from Tasty Kitchen.

Miki January 12, 2011 at 12:25 pm

I’ve never tried pecan pie muffins, but they have to be good :) .
Hope you’re having a great day!

nic January 12, 2011 at 12:29 pm

i think im going to try this Gluten free, otherwise i would be hospitalized. I think they actually look adorable , but perhaps i have a thing for hockey puck bread things.who knows?

$arah January 12, 2011 at 2:25 pm

Those look so good!
I love your plate! ♥

kaite kelly January 13, 2011 at 8:49 am

My gosh, Emma. You’re hilarious. =)

Jacci Hall January 13, 2011 at 2:39 pm

definitely trying these cos i love pecan pie but am too lazy to make pastry for the pie.

Andrea January 13, 2011 at 6:07 pm

I made these gluten free today and they turned out really well. I actually halved the recipe because I didn’t have enough eggs. I used an all purpose gluten free flour (a blend of sorghum flour, tapioca flour, and potato starch that I made), and added 1/4 tsp of xanthan gum.
They didn’t taste so much like pecan pie, but more like a praline muffin. Super rich and super good though.
Thanks for sharing this recipe!

carrie January 14, 2011 at 11:52 am

i couldnt wait to make these a few nights ago.
I got everything going and realized i didn’t have enough real butter – but my husband was running late and my kiddo was having a really hard day – i tried running to the corner store and they didn’t have REAL butter.i was frustrated that I was running out of time and needed to go finish dinner, put kid to bed early, and get to a girls study….
so i packed everything up and headed to my study WITH my halfmade muffin mix. I asked my super cool friend if I could make the muffins there and she obliged and then we all enjoyed the muffins – they were a total hit!!! i am actually really glad i pushed thru and didn’t give up – and even happier I was forced to share them with friends. this one is a winner!

JD January 20, 2011 at 1:25 pm

Hello Emma!
I’m determined to make these! I love pecans and they seem pretty easy too.. Hey! Check out my Gourmet S’mores recipe on my blog. Tell me what you think…
Janette

Kayleigh January 31, 2011 at 3:11 pm

Can I ask where you got that plate? It is adorable!!!

Leanne February 7, 2011 at 9:47 am

Like Carrie, I did not have enough butter on hand.
FYI everyone, this recipe is supergood when made with Becel.

Georgia September 29, 2011 at 10:43 pm

YUM!

Jess October 29, 2011 at 11:15 am

YUM!

I’ve just made these for my baby shower favours (we’ve nicknamed Bubs Pecan so very fitting!). Mine didn’t turn out ugly but I think I’ll make some caramel and stick a pecan half on top. It was so hard not to gobble down the leftover batter :(