Crackers and Cheese, please!

by Emma on December 8, 2010

in Uncategorized

Homemade_crackers
Crunch…crunch…

…oh, hi there. Didn't see you. I'm just enjoying some crackers….crunch….

I made these cheesy crispy darlings. Are you impressed? I sort of was.

But I am easily impressed by myself.

Other ways I impress myself: when I wash my own clothes, save (a tiny bit of) money for the future, do my own dishes, file my taxes on time, finish buying all my Christmas presents by December 8th, or write and entire blog post without any typos.

Which nver happens.

You see what I did there? Oh, I also think I'm really funny.

Homemadecrackers
Crispy Cheesy Crackers, makes around 20-25 small square, crackers.

Ingredients: 1 cup flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt (plus more for dusting), 1/2 cup shredded cheese (I used gruyere), 4 tablespoons cold butter, 1/3 cup cream (I used half and half) and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.

In a food processor combine flour, salt, cheese, pepper and butter. Cut the cold butter into small cubes before hand. Pulse. Like a heart beat. Add the cream. Pulse again, until dough forms. Lightly flour a surface and roll out dough to 1/4 inch thick (or thinner if you like). Use a pizza cutter to cut dough into small squares. Place them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with a little course grain sea salt. Bake at 400F for 12-14 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Serve with dip or tomato soup.

Laura December 8, 2010 at 3:00 pm

They look so simple but also so simply perfect for snacking or spicing up.

miki December 8, 2010 at 3:09 pm

Haha, you ARE funny!
I want to have crackers and cheese, but it’s a public holiday and all the grocery store in my close to my house are close, grrr. It’s Virgin Mary’s Day, in case you were curious, hehe.

rachel December 8, 2010 at 3:59 pm

Just so you know, I think you’re pretty funny too. And I’m not hitting on you or anything!

Michelle December 8, 2010 at 4:08 pm

haha. i love crackers and one time my roommate told me I should make my own crackers. I laughed at her like it was impossible. well you have proven me wrong. thanks. :)

taylormadenews December 9, 2010 at 12:28 pm

funniest post ever emma! i seriously love how you let your personality shine through your blog.
taylor

Anne Marie December 12, 2010 at 11:34 am

Oh I love that now I can know exactly what my kids are getting in their crackers! Well… if I muster up the gumption to make some!

Bekka December 13, 2010 at 9:40 pm

Is it weird that I never ever thought that it was possible to make a cracker? I’m impressed, too. :)

La January 6, 2011 at 5:58 pm

hahah. I think you are really funny. like i laughed out loud at your spelling mistake thing. thats the sort of things I say cause i think im that funny. ;)
going to make these for the boyfriend tomorrow. Thank you very much for the how-to!
x