Pumpkin Pie Fritters

by Emma on October 8, 2010

in Uncategorized

Remember when I stocked up on an ungodly amount of canned pumpkin. I used my first can. Que ceremonious music. I decided to make some Pumpkin Pie Fritters, because variations on pumpkin pie are never a bad idea.

Speaking of variations….

Nakedfritters
Brace yourself. *Naked* pumpkin pie fritters.

Powderedfitters
Powdered fritters. Sometimes a little powder on one's nose is all a girl needs to go out.

Glazedfritters
And my favorite: glazed fritters. It also occurs to me that a few of these fritters paired with a scoop of cinnamon ice cream would be divine…I could probably go on, but you get the idea.

Variety. The spice of life.

What I really liked about these pumpkin pie fritters is that they have a very silky smooth texture to them, even though they are lightly fried on the outside. It's a really fun and tasty combination of textures. But it also means that you really need to pay attention to how hot your oil is, and how long you allow these little babies to cook. If you are not careful they can be a bit raw in the middle, so watch out for that;)

Pumpkin Pie Fritters, makes 18-22 small fritters.

Ingredients: 1 can of pumpkin puree, 1 large egg, 1 and 1/4 cups flour, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, 1/4 packed brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon baking powder, 1/8 teaspoons salt, 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon cloves and 1/4 teaspoon ginger.

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir until well combined. Heat 2-3 inches of oil (I used canola, but other flavorless oils are fine too) over medium to high heat. Drop about a tablespoon of batter into the hot oil and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes, flip and repeat. Remove from oil to a plate lined with paper towels and check the middle of the fritter. You want your oil to be hot enough to cook the fritters all the way through without burning the outside (but it will look lightly toasted, that's a good thing). Adjust your oil if you need to and repeat with all of your batter. Once you have cooked all your fritters and allowed them to dry over paper towels, serve with any variation (as described above) that your heart desires. :)

Jenny October 8, 2010 at 8:44 am

ooohhh I can’t wait to try these! I love the food you make!

Nicole October 8, 2010 at 8:59 am

Those look SO good!

Burgess Ewton October 8, 2010 at 11:08 am

Oh. My. Goodness. I think this is my favourite blog ever now. I am going to try these this weekend!

Katy October 8, 2010 at 11:31 am

ummmmm HELLO! THOSE LOOK DELICIOUS!!!!! mmmm mmm! those will be made in my near future i do believe!

Ashley October 8, 2010 at 11:44 am

You are a cooking god. These look unbelieveable! XO

Adrianna from A Cozy Kitchen October 8, 2010 at 2:15 pm

This is totally genius! Love it!

Rachel October 8, 2010 at 2:30 pm

YES! This is the recipe I was waiting for!

Tone October 9, 2010 at 5:45 am

Ooooh, can’t wait to try these! My husbands parents have a huge pumpkin patch – maybe we could puree our own…I don’t think we have canned pumpkin in Oz??
Tone – http://swingsandroundabouts-blog.blogspot.com/

Bekka October 10, 2010 at 3:35 pm

Yum! A pumpkin variation I haven’t seen yet! Thanks for the amazing-looking recipe!

pinksuedeshoe October 11, 2010 at 2:13 am

Cinnamon Ice Cream? {Please tell me that post is coming this week!) These look like heaven, and I figure that since you stocked up on the smaller cans of pumpkin that it’s one of those you used to make these little bits of deliciousness? I can’t wait to try them!

emma October 11, 2010 at 11:24 am

Pinksuedeshoe- love your blog (everyone go look if you haven’t already). yes, it’s the small can of pumpkin:) and sadly I do not yet have a cinnamon ice cream recipe, i’ve seen it at the store before and I just think it makes sense with pies and fritters:)

shawni marie October 12, 2010 at 4:10 pm

EMMMMMMMMAAA! i need this in my life right NOW!<3

Holly October 13, 2010 at 12:43 pm

Adding this to my list of recipes to make!! Mmmm!

Mallory October 13, 2010 at 9:00 pm

I love all things pumpkin flavored and really would love to try these. Oh, and the soft serve pumpkin ice cream at UDF is the best pumpkin ice cream I’ve ever had.

Kimberly October 14, 2010 at 12:34 pm

What a GREAT idea. This would be perfect for a Halloween party or even at Thanksgiving.

vibram.us October 28, 2010 at 10:01 pm

Thousand years ago, water central Jianjia gray, gurgling streams, hid shyly stole peripheral vision, a place at a distance of five meters. Picture to a few, scattered red clouds scattered under the sunset, elongated silhouette, rosy cheeks left the front of your smile, Vibram Fivefingers Shoes / black yello Kso shoes exposed the ripples in the water pan. I worry, time is running out, you for whom weight loss .Gradually undress with a circle is a sad thoughts away, staring ahead, I do not know for whom you wait, worry more worry. Vibram Fivefingers Shoes multi-blue grey KSO shoes Send your costume Han Chinese clothing, silk straight marriage with the paragraph, you unhappy because you are still waiting for who I insisted, in order to intervene only when your reincarnation more today. -

thomassabouk October 28, 2010 at 10:50 pm

I sent a mobile phone to stay for a long time, and then again and again to dial records, already wanted to make sure I have a wrong number. Actually I know not possible because the phone is special Chong, I set the one-touch dial-up function. Find a person to accompany me to sing to go shopping in sterling silver center; I had to repeatedly listen to a CD. “If I said, is really thought you are unable to breathe. The tears don’t stop, second. How also can not sleep, you…”Eventually, the daughter of tutor knows change fell in love with him and when my birthday he bought me a Thomas Sabo earrings, so he chose her. Hearing this news I wasn’t very shocked; just feel funny, I actually become a kind of soap opera actress. Just think he so unforgivable, dare to tell me.

Jessica C October 3, 2011 at 12:46 am

I know this post was *last* fall, but I tried these tonight for an after dinner treat. Um, dinner is still in the oven and all that remains of these lovelies is powdered sugar. :) PS: How have a lived all this time and not known that you can make powdered sugar by pulverizing granulated sugar in the blender? Thank goodness my husband elect did. thank you for all the delicious reading material!