Another month, Another book (or two, or three)

by Emma on December 5, 2009

in Books

Although I cannot really claim that this past month’s reading held as many gems as the previous month, I can say that I have exposed myself (boy, that sounds dramatic) to all new authors. So that’s…something.

Julie-Julia

I truly thought this was going to be right up my ally. I really liked the movie and I consider myself a fellow foodie blogger (although I am not nearly as involved as Julie was). But if I was being honest I would have to say that this was not all what I had hoped for, she is just too negative for my taste.

Angels_demons
I really enjoyed this book. Like I said, I had never read a book by Dan Brown before and I haven’t read many (or really any) thriller type novels. I have not seen the film but I doubt I will. Not because I didn’t enjoy the book but its fairly violent and I don’t do well with blood and all that. I can barely watch House with the boyfriend:)

Holes
Such a fun read. It’s a middle school type reading level too so its fun for all ages. I will definitely be seeing its movie version. Actually all the books I read this month have movies made out of them-hmm…I didn’t notice this before. Weird.

Friday_night_knit
This is my current read. I am only about half way through so I hate to judge too soon, but so far I love it!

Also if you get the chance you ought to go see, The Fantastic Mr. Fox. I adore Mr. Anderson’s films in general and this one did not let me down. Maybe it’s not his masterpiece, but its funny and sweet and beautiful.

The Fantastic Mr. Fox movie poster

Have a happy little weekend!

ally December 5, 2009 at 1:27 pm

Oh shoot- I was hoping the book Julie and Julia was going to be good.. it’s on my Christmas list!

emma December 5, 2009 at 4:53 pm

ally-you may still like it, don’t take just my word for it! a lot of people must love it or it wouldn’t have been made into a film.
-emma

katherine December 16, 2009 at 5:15 pm

i loved holes, too! and i couldn’t get into angels and demons, either. i loved the da vinci code (surprising and not usually the type of book i read!), but i didn’t even make it halfway through angels and demons before deciding it SUCKED. :)

Jessie December 16, 2009 at 6:25 pm

omggg i love the movie holes so much!!
i’m sure you’ll love it.
it’s really funny and exactly like the book.

Angela January 8, 2010 at 1:44 am

I agree with Julie/Julia. I read the book this summer while on vacation and I thought it was a real drag. I was reluctant to watch the movie but ended up loving the movie- it is rare that the movie is better than the book- but this was totally the case with J&J.
I read Friday Night Knitting club last winter and really enjoyed it- not sure if I enjoyed it enough to want to read the second one though.

thomassabouk October 28, 2010 at 10:55 pm

My teeth, I suddenly indolence walked so long road; endure for a long time to see the pain of his embarrassment. Now I saw nothing, but the achievement, early know will not come. “You got a job?” He suddenly asked me. “Not yet. As you introduce a hospital director or their son to me? Maybe I can catch retaliate ‘oh.” I feel very false smile, a bit like a woman in dusty 40s Boethius observed there. He said to the mouth, Zhan didn’t say anything. “I walked, goodbye.” I feel boring; don’t want to see him again.

Jenn September 30, 2011 at 6:04 am

I completely agree with the Julie and Julia comment! It’s too bad because I think it would’ve been such a good book and an even better movie :(